We are thrilled to announce we are now open! Please call to book your services 705-735-0639.
What Is Laser Hair Removal?
- Many people have areas of unwanted hair on their legs, binki, underarms, and other areas. There are several hair removal options on the market and at Martin's we are pleased to offer our clients the most reliable and effective technology in laser hair removal. Our Light Sheer machine is the top choice in hair removal technology because it is a true laser (not intensed pulsed light) and has a built in chill-tip to cool skin and maximize comfort during treatment.
- At Martin's Rejuvenation Centre, our laser hair removal targets the melanin in the hair to provide permanent hair reduction on legs, bikini, underarms, torso and more. It's also useful for preventing pesky ingrown hairs.
What Are The Goals Of Laser Hair Removal Treatment?
- Permanent reduction of hair on legs, bikini, underarms etc.
- Also useful for the prevention of ingrown hairs
- The tissue targeted during treatment is the melanin (or pigment) in hair and therefore best results are seen when hair is darker than the skin. The LightSheer laser treatment does not function well with red, blonde, white or grey hair.
Who Can Perform Laser Hair Removal Treatment?
- One of our skilled laser technicians.
Treatment Effects & Number Of Treatments Required:
- Hair must be actively growing in order for the treatment to be effective. Most clients will require an average of 6-10 treatments to eliminate hair in the target area.
How Does It feel?
- Treatment is usually quite tolerable and feels like a rubber band being snapped.
What To Expect After treatment:
- There is no downtime after treatment. Some clients might find that the treatment area is slightly pink for 2-3 days following treatment due to heating of hair follicles.
How Long Will Treatment Effects Last?
- The skin will gradually lose its ability to grow hair & only very fine or light hairs may remain in the treated areas. Best results will be achieved in about 6-10 treatments and the effect will last for the life-cycle of the skin that was treated. The skin replenishes itself approximately every 7 years.
- We can not treat women who are pregnant or breastfeeding. Because of the nature of the treatment, we also can't treat people with tanned skin. We recommend stopping antibiotics, light sensitive medications, retinols or glycolic acids for at least 2 weeks prior to treatment & stopping Accutane for at least 6 months prior to treatment.
Why Choose Dr. Martin's?
See what makes our services renowned worldwide.
Named "Best of Barrie" by
Voted #1 for Cosmetic Clinic
& #1 for Laser Hair Removal
by Barrie Advance
1 on 1 Personalized
Professional and Friendly
Respected Training Centre
With Over 1,500 Physicians
Trained At Our Facility
New Patient Welcome Center
We sincerely hope that you enjoy your experience with us and fully benefit from the services that we have to offer.
College Regulations preclude inclusion of client testimonials or before and after photographs. Please visit the office for information.