One of our newest and a very exciting addition to our treament repetoire at Martin's is our microneedling treatment. The process of microneedling is an innovation in aesthetics and is done using our Eclipse MicroPen®. This "pen" is the most advanced medical-grade microneedling device on the market.
What Is Microneedling?
- Microneedling stimulates the body's own natural collagen production to reduce the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, stretch marks, skin laxity and scarring. It has also been successfully used for hair restoration in cases of alopecia. It has proven to be especially beneficial in treating acne scars and improving the skin’s texture, tone and color.
- While the Microneedling treatment itself is amazing, we are finding that many of our clients (and staff) "boost" the effectiveness of their microneedling treatment by adding PRP (platelet rich plasma) to their treatment.
Who Can Perform The Microneedling Treatment?
- Any of our expert Laser Technician or Medical Aesthetician staff.
What To Expect During Treatment:
- Depending on the required treatment, the microneedling procedure normally takes about 30-60 minutes. Most patients report feeling very little discomfort during their treatments and the most common complaint is that it feels like pressure or vibration on the area being treated. We apply topical anesthetic (numbing cream) to the treatment area for approximately 20 minutes before treatment to ensure maximum comfort during the procedure.
- The treatment involves using the Eclipse MicroPen to gently cause small "punctures" in the upper skin surface. This allows for dead and superficial skin to slough off after a couple of days, revealing younger looking skin that is brighter and more even in tone and texture.
- NOTE: In the event a PRP booster is being added to the treatment, the PRP will be used by the technician and applied on top of the treatment area to ensure absorption of the client's own platelet rich plasma.
What To Expect After Treatment:
- After the procedure, the skin will be red and flushed in appearance in a similar way to a moderate sunburn. You may also experience some temporary skin tightness and mild sensitivity to touch on the area that was treated. This will diminish greatly after a few hours following treatments and within the next 24 hours the skin will be completely healed.
How Many Treatments Are Required?
- Many of our clients report seeing amazing results after just one treatment. To ensure maximum results, we recommend a course of 3 treatments spaced approximately 6 weeks apart.
Why Choose Dr. Martin's?
See what makes our services renowned worldwide.
Named "Best of Barrie" by
Voted #1 for Cosmetic Clinic
& #1 for Laser Hair Removal
by Barrie Advance
1 on 1 Personalized
Professional and Friendly
Respected Training Centre
With Over 1,500 Physicians
Trained At Our Facility
New Patient Welcome Center
We sincerely hope that you enjoy your experience with us and fully benefit from the services that we have to offer.
College Regulations preclude inclusion of client testimonials or before and after photographs. Please visit the office for information.
Book a Consultation
Our professional and experienced medical staff are ready to help you make an informed decision about a wide variety of medical and cosmetic choices. Please fill out this form and we will contact you to schedule a consultation.