What Is Dermaplaning?
- Dermaplaning is a method of exfoliation where a surgical blade is used to remove dead surface skin cells, along with fine, lanuago hair(also known as peach fuzz). You are left with a more radiant, youthful complexion that feels smoother and more even. It allows for serums to penetrate deeper and more effectively into the skin. It’s a preferred method of exfoliant for makeup wearers - as foundation applied on the face looks better and sits on the skin more evenly.
How Does it Feel?
- There is minimal to no discomfort during treatment because the technician is working along the layer of dead skin and vellus hair
Is There Any Downtime?
- Some people may be slightly pink directly from stimulation of the skin but most will walk out with a glowing smooth complexion with zero downtime.
How Many Treatments Will I Need?
- Results are instant. Treatment can be done every 3-4 weeks for maintainance.
Are There Any Special Considerations?
- History of keloid scarring
- Accutane use
- Any medications that cause thinning of the skin
- Sun burn
- Topical acne agents(stop 5 days prior)
Why Choose Dr. Martin's?
See what makes our services renowned worldwide.
Named "Best of Barrie" by
Voted #1 for Cosmetic Clinic
& #1 for Laser Hair Removal
by Barrie Advance
1 on 1 Personalized
Professional and Friendly
Respected Training Centre
With Over 1,500 Physicians
Trained At Our Facility
New Patient Welcome Center
We sincerely hope that you enjoy your experience with us and fully benefit from the services that we have to offer.
College Regulations preclude inclusion of client testimonials or before and after photographs. Please visit the office for information.
Book a Consultation
Our professional and experienced medical staff are ready to help you make an informed decision about a wide variety of medical and cosmetic choices. Please fill out this form and we will contact you to schedule a consultation.